Home Security Subjects
an Alarm Company
D.I.Y. Do it Yourself Security System
Monitoring Company Vs. DIY Home
Security System Installation
Alarm System Definitions
Crime Prevention Tips
Various Burglary Statistics
'Free' Security Systems
I Need a Security System?
Security Common Sense
Home Security Systems Affect your Homeowners Insurance
Protection for your Home
10 Fire Prevention
Stay in the kitchen while you are cooking meals.
2) Keep space heaters at least 3 feet
from anyhting that is flammable.
3) Store matches and lighters where children
4) Keep all of your smoke alarms clean
and test them on a regular basis.
5) Keep flammable chemicals away from
6) Keep fire extinguishers in or near
the kitchen, laundry room, workshop, and fireplace.
7) Use the proper wattage for light bulbs.
8) If a circuit breaker trips or a fuse
blows often, immediately cut down on the number of appliances on that
9) Do not use extension cords
with electrical space heaters.
10) Have your chimney inspected by a
professional before the start of each heating season.